Nord Electro 3 update history
- Fixed a bug where onboard keyboard in MIDI Local Off mode, still could produce Note Off messages to sound engine that was supposed to be exclusively controlled by incoming external MIDI. Releasing an external sustain pedal would trigger this unwanted behavior.
- Fixed an issue where the piano engine could in certain circumstances produce a click when executing note off, especially in conjunction with releasing the sustain pedal.
- If keys were held down during startup or a synchronizing with the Manager, they would all play, quite loud, once the OS had booted or the sync was completed. This is now fixed.
- Muted output when organ models are changed, to prevent noise.
- The Electro 3 61/73 did not use the internal velocity curves that are assigned to every individual piano in the Nord Piano Library v5.x. This is now fixed.
- Minor OS adjustment due to hardware component change relating to keyboard scanner (only in production units).
- The Electro 3 is now compatible with the new v5 platform with the v5 Piano sounds, the new Sound Manager 5.30 and the v3.00 WHQL certified USB driver.
- Fixed an issue that on rare occasions could render USB transfers incomplete, causing corrupted memory areas in the unit.
- Fixed an issue with the keyboard scanner that could produce incorrect, very strong velocities.
- Fixed an issue where the memory usage could be displayed incorrectly. This could cause the Manager to present a larger amount of free memory than there actually was in the Flash partitions. This issue could also cause failed downloads.
- Fixed a problem that occurred if MIDI Local was set too Off, and the Piano Type selector was used.
- Fixed a Organ Vibrato MIDI bug. Vibrato Mode/Enable didn't work very well for any organ over MIDI.
- Fixed an issue where the rotary effect had a bad influence on the reverb sound quality.
- Fixed an issue where very small nsmp files could give a checksum error in the sample partition.
- New CC added : CC107 controls B3 lower manual vibrato enable (CC85 still controls B3 upper manual vibrato enable).
- Bugfix: If you left the Electro 3 with the
power on for several hours, it could crash with an unresponsive panel
and noise at the outputs. This bug is now eradicated.
- Bugfix: Reception of MIDI Control Change messages on addresses above
CC120 would cause OS 2.02 to crash. This is not the case anymore.
- Tonewheel-leakage loss fixed
- Farfisa clipping/good for fireworks bug eradicated
- Nord Sound Manager compability
- Added support
for the Nord Sound Manager, the new generic sound manager application
that other Nord units also will support.
- Implemented remote focusing feature to be used with the new Nord Sound
Manager. This allows you to select a piano, sample, program to be
active in the Electro 3 from the Sound Manager application.
- The constant leakage of the B3 was not always updated so it was sometimes
silent. This happened in tonewheel mode vintage 3 only.
- Fixed farfisa bug which caused clipping to occur when certain combinations
were active - a.k.a. the Fireworks bug.
- If a control pedal was attached and the P-Wha
was active, the Effect 1 Rate parameter setting was changed when you
selected another program. This bug has now been fixed.
- Increased octave shift range for pianos and SampLib. It now reaches
from -2 to +2 octaves.
- Increased the
velocity sensitivity of all the piano sounds.
- Faster and improved loading of programs.
- Slightly changed behavior for outgoing Program Change messages. Now
they"re sent when a program is actually loaded, not when scrolling
by a program.
- Faster delete operation over USB.
- Fixed a bug in the Vox organ,
where the 2nd foot drawbar was not loaded properly.
- MIDI implementation improvements. - Organ
upper/lower drawbars now works correct over MIDI - Octave Shift affects
MIDI In, not MIDI Out.
- Changing to/fromSampLib now retains attack/release/vel.dyn. settings.
- Fixed an issue with a lingering reverberation that could make noises
when programs were changed, or when you switched between organ and
- Added the functionality of Send CC, DumpOne and DumpAll and these functions in the MIDI menu
- First release.
Nord Electro 3 HP update history
Fixed a bug where onboard keyboard in MIDI Local Off mode, still could produce Note Off messages to sound engine that was supposed to be exclusively controlled by incoming external MIDI. Releasing an external sustain pedal would trigger this unwanted behavior.
Fixed an issue where the piano engine could in certain circumstances produce a click when executing note off, especially in conjunction with releasing the sustain pedal.
Maintenance update to comply with production change.
Enabled the Store process when the source was from the Live buffer
Reduced keyboard latency by removing internal delay not applicable to the HP keyboard.