Nord Modular G2 - Specification
THE MODULAR SYSTEM
- Description: Hardware synthesizer and PC/Mac editing software working seamlessly together.
- Sound Generation: Modular synthesis – freely configurable sound architecture. Combine Modules into a Patch (sound) in any desired structure, virtually without limitations.
- Sound Hierarchy: A patch is divided into two sections:
The Voice area (VA) holds the polyphonic part of the sound.
The Effect area (FX) holds the monophonic part of the sound.
- 8 Variations per patch for fast recall of favorite settings.
- Sound Modules: Over 160 Modules organized in 16 categories.
- Audio Quality: True 24 bit processing system with 96 kHz sampling rate.
- Audio Effects: Totally free configuration of effects via the dedicated Effect Area.
- Performances: A Performance consists of up to 4 Patches together with information about MIDI settings, layers, splits, etc.
- Multitimbrality: Features Clavia’s classical Slot concept. 4 slots (edit buffers A to D), each one holding one Patch independently.
- Splitting: With the Split Point button you can create up to 4 split points either freely assigned or set to the 4 predefined ones indicated by LEDs along the keyboard.
- Polyphony: Maximum of 32 voices (depending on Patch complexity).
- Synthesizer A dynamic file system (6 MB) with the maximum capacity of holding:
- 32 Banks divided into 128 memory locations for Patches.
- 8 Banks divided into 128 locations for Performances
- Patch Browser enables fast access to Patches stored on the computer hard drive as well as the internal synthesizer file system.
- Bank Upload/Download dialog for quick transfers/backups of complete banks of patches between your computer and synthesizer.
- Small Patch files sizes (an average of 3 kb) make it easy to share and store.
- Concept Morphing makes it easy to control multiple parameters from one source (e.g. modulation wheel, aftertouch) with the possibility to set the range for each parameter individually.
- Concept Parameter Pages give instant access to 120 parameters, either from the synthesizer’s top panel or from the software editor.
- Page Modes: Single Patch mode – Pages are linked to one specific patch.
Global mode – Pages control parameters in all 4 slots from the same page.
- User Interface: - A tab system organizes available Modules.
- Multiple Multi-level Undo/Redo function.
- Custom color of individual modules for easy overview.
- Fast replace function for modules, replacing keeps track of connections and parameter settings.
- Instant Hint views system displays configurations of MIDI CC#s, Morph programming and assigned parameters.
Help System Integrated help system brings you answers to your questions.
- Min. Requirements:
- Macintosh - Mac G3, 400 MHz, USB-port, 128 MB RAM, OSX 10.2 (or later)
- Windows - PC Pentium II, 500 MHz, USB-port, 128 MB RAM, Windows 98SE/2000/XP
- External: - 16 MIDI channels via MIDI In, Out and Thru.
- Note On/Off, Aftertouch, Pitch Bend, Program Change, MIDI CC# (freely assignable to any parameter), SysEx dump and Bank Select.
- MIDI Sync: - G2 locks to any external MIDI clock and song position pointer.
- G2 can function as a master clock for external gear.
- Extras: Can produce and process MIDI information on any channel (regardless of the Slot’s main channel) through a set of specially designed MIDI processing Modules.
SYNTHESIZER CONTROLLERS G2 and G2X (key models)
- Modulation Wheels: - G2: 1 modulation wheel.
- G2X: 3 modulation wheels with extra built in LEDs.
- Pitch Stick: Clavia’s famous, patented high-resolution Pitch Stick.
- Keyboard: - G2: 3 octave synth keyboard with aftertouch.
- G2X: 5 octave semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- Octave Shift: 2 buttons extend the range of the built in keyboard.
- Keyboard Hold: Makes every note you play sustain until you press a new key.
SYNTHESIZER PANEL G2 and G2X (key models)
- ParameterPages: 5 page buttons and 3 column buttons provide real-time tweaking of up to 120 parameters with 8 rotary encoders visualized by 4 LCDs.
- Patch/Menu: Rotary Dial and 4 Navigation buttons for rapid access to Navigation, Patches and Performances.
- Slot Control: 4 Slot buttons facilitate working with 4 Patches simultaneously.
- Morphing: 8 buttons support fast programming of Morph Groups.
- Variations: Instant recall of 8 Variations per Patch via 8 dedicated buttons.
- Microphone Level: Mic Level trim and meter for adjusting the microphone signal.
- MIDI: In, Out and Thru.
- Audio Inputs: - 4 analog audio inputs, line-level, 24-bit ADCs, 96 kHz sampling rate
- 1 XLR mic.input with built in preamp (G2/G2X models only).
- Audio Outputs: - 4 configurable outputs, line-level, 24-bit DACs, 96 kHz sampling rate.
- 1 Headphones output.
- Editor Communication: USB 1.1 port.
- External Controllers (G2/G2X models only): - 1 Control Pedal jack.
- 1 Sustain Pedal jack.
- Power Supply: Built in power supply. Connect with enclosed standard AC-cord.
- G2 665 mm (26.2"), 284 mm (11.2"), 104 mm (4.1")
- G2X (5 octaves): 1007 mm (39.6"), 294 mm (11.6"), 104 mm (4.1")
- Engine (1U, 19” rack): 437 mm (17.3"), 120 mm (4.7"), 44 mm (1.8")
- G2 (3 octaves): 5.1kg (11.24lbs.)
- G2X (5 octaves): 8.2kg (8,07lbs.)
- Engine (1U, 19” rack): 1.9kg (4,19lbs.)
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- All Models: - 1 USB cable.
- 1 Power cable.
- CD Rom with software and sound libraries.
- G2/G2X: Printed manual with more than 200 pages.
- G2X: Shipped with an additional gooseneck microphone and a built in voice expansion.
- Engine: Rack mountable with supplied rack ears.
- Voice Expansion: G2 and Engine can be expanded to the same power as the G2X with a voice expansion board (part no. 10280).
- Soft Case: G2 and G2X perfect fit custom designed soft cases (part no. 10320 resp. 10138).
Specifications subject to change without notice.