Nord Stage 2 EX - Update History
- Spare part compatibility update
- Layer piano sounds were incorrectly sorted into the Grand bank by the OS (should be the EPiano2 bank). Fixed.
- Changes to production test routines
- Fixed bug where Long/Soft Release would not work as expected with Synth Pianos
- Increased the bank size for each Piano category from 9 to 15. Locations above 9 are indicated A-F
- This update will move Wurlitzer sounds from the E.Piano 2 to the E.Piano 1 bank, making the E.Piano 2 bank a dedicated Synth Piano bank
- Enhanced Pedal Noise functionality where the base Pedal Noise level and character can be set individually per .npno file at the authoring stage. Specifically, this will give the Steinway No. 1 Piano sound a more appropriate (subdued) Pedal Noise character
- Note 1: After performing this update, only use Nord Sound Manager v6.90 or higher, to ensure trouble free file handling
- Note 2: Backup files created from instruments with this OS can not be used on instruments with OS version below 2.20
- Fixed bug which could cause the instrument to become unresponsive in remote mode, on rare occasions.
- A new Dynamics (velocity) curve added, replacing the old "Normal" setting (no LED lit in Dynamics section). The new curve provides improved dynamic control when playing soft and makes the keyboard slightly "heavier". The old "Normal" curve is moved to position 1 and the old curves 1 and 2 were merged into position 2. Curve number 3 is the same as before. Important! Programs stored with the old "Normal" curve will be automatically re-stored to use the curve in position 1, the old "Normal" curve. Programs stored using old curves 1 or 2 will use the new merged curve in position 2 upon update.
- NSMP format 2: Supporting Unpitched and Silent strokes.
- Fixed sustain enable problem (only revA machines suffered from problem). Thanks to Fabio for reporting!
- Broken NSMP/NPNO files: Changed error message (now including "Press [SHIFT] to continue).