Nord Sound Manager - Update History
- Added support for Nord Stage 3 OS v1.22
- Fixed bug where file cache would be disabled (with Nord Stage 3) when Sound Manager was freshly installed. Nord Stage 3 users, please verify that your cache is enabled by checking Edit -> Preferences -> Enable File Cache
- Fixed bug where Sound Manager could crash when used with Stage Classic and Nord Piano (first generation)
- Enabled program categories for Nord Stage 3
- Added support for Nord Stage 3
- Added File Cache feature (only supported by Nord Stage 3 currently) which greatly improves performance for Upload and Backup operations
- Fixed bug where downloading many files at once, could cause problems on Mac
- Various bug fixes and stability improvements
- Added support for Stage 2, Stage 2 EX with increased Piano bank size and where Wurlitzers moved to E.Piano 1 bank (introduced with NS2/NS2EX OS v2.20)
- Fixed bug where creating a Backup to an existing archive could fail in some cases
- Fixed bug where "Bank Download" could assign a download a faulty location, causing a Piano to end up in the wrong bank, or temporary UI-errors in Sound Manager file list
- Fixed bug where downloading a Synth Piano to Nord Stage EX would result in an error message in Sound Manager
- Added support for Nord Piano 3
- Added fix to accept certain old Sample files with "Undefined" versions, that were included in old Factory Restore archives
- Fixed bug introduced with v6.80 that could cause Restore operations to fail, for large backup archives
- Nord Electro 5 Set List partition and Song Bundles are now supported (requires Nord Electro 5 OS v1.28 or higher)
- NSMP files are checked prior to download whether the OS supports the files, just like for NPNO files
- Info pane state is now remembered when app is exited
- More detailed icons in dialogs and Info-pane
- Various bug fixes and optimizations
- Fixed bug where moving several programs with empty locations in between, could overwrite existing programs under some circumstances. Thanks to Simon D for reporting!
- Fixed a bug where the middle part of the filename was not shown in the Sound Manager list view.
- New icons and graphics
- Various bugfixes and dialog text changes
- Clarified "Are you sure" message for delete
- Fixed clipped Info pane for some long piano/sample names on OSX
- Supporting Electro 5
- Supporting Stage 2 EX
- Samplib file names are now split name into name column and one info column for clarity
- Samplib category column added, for OS-versions that support it
- Improved handling of organizing on Electro 5, when connected to Sound Manager
- Sound Manager now shows a warning if files containing unicode characters are trying to be downloaded
- Fixed bug where uploading of unlinked program bundles caused the program to crash
- "Replace" command has been renamed to "Substitute"
- New sound upload/download dialog
- Fixed bug where Sound Manager would sometimes crash if several files that already existed where attempted to be downloaded
- Files dropped to the Sound Manager UI will now automatically switch to the partition they belong to
- Some User Interface optimizations
- Added support for Nord Lead A1
- Fixed bug on OSX where starting the Nord Sound Manager would disrupt USB MIDI communication with a Nord product
- Fixed an issue where renaming a program in certain units could crash the application.
- Fixed an issue in the 6.28 version that erroneously renamed pianos, by replacing the dot in the version number (e.g. 5.x) with a hyphen. Many thanks to Peter in the Netherlands who reported this to us!
- First version to be compatible with the Nord Lead 4.
- Fixed an issue where files with illegal characters (downloaded files with %20 that represent spaces for instance) in their name could be downloaded to the unit, and then becoming invisible in the unit. Such illegal characters will now be replaced in the units.
- Added support for the Nord Electro 4 HP.
- Fixed a Replace Bug.
- Added support for the Nord Electro 4D. Only for production.
- Fixed a bug in the 6.12 version that could lead to missing files and incorrect order of files in the Piano or Samp Lib partitions if the memory of the unit was restored with a Sound Manager backup file.
Introducing the Dependencies features for the Nord Stage 2 OS v1.60:
- Info - see which pianos and samples the programs use and vice versa.
- Replace - replace a sound and automatically make programs use that new sound instead.
- Relink - make one or several programs use another piano or sample.
- Bundles - save and load programs and all the sounds they depend on as single files. Only pianos and/or samples not already present in the unit will be re-loaded when a bundle is downloaded again to the unit.
- Export Sound Lists - present the memory content as comprehensive lists.
- It is not possible to show details of the content of a backup file before a Restore process is initiated.
- Automatic conversion of Program file format when used with Nord Stage 2 OS v1.6x.
- Changed the appearance of the memory indicator and progress bar at the footer area.
- First Sound Manager version to support the Nord C2D. Only for production.
- First release with Dependencies features, for the Nord Piano 2.
- Added support for the Nord Electro 3 HP (v3.00 or later)
- Added support for the Nord Stage 2 (v1.00 or later)
- Changed appearance of progress bar
- Added download queue functionality.
- Changed appearance of the progress bar.
- Added Time Remaining estimate in Footer area.
- Fixed a bug in the Mac OS X version that could cause corrupted files and/or memory partitions in the Nord unit if files were downloaded from a hard drive folder that had non-standard characters in its name.
- Fixed a bug that could repeat the presentation of a previous error message when an operation was cancelled.
- The Windows installer now checks if USB Driver v3.00 is installed and replaces any older driver if necessary.
- Clavinet is now handled correctly for Stage Classic 4.12 and Stage EX 5.10 (and newer versions).
- Sleep: Windows version now prevents computer from entering sleep mode while working with instrument (upload/download/backup/etc).
- Sleep: OS X now handled in such a manner that the instrument is "disconnected" and "reconnected" and sleep/wakeup.
- Backup/Restore can now be cancelled.
- Added support for NPNO v5 files.
- Windows Installer no longer asks when registering file types.
- Electro 3 program partition now has the dual view option enabled.
- Some errors related to user actions are now shown in a popup dialog instead of only in the status bar for clarity.