Nord Lead 2 Specification
- Polyphony 16 voices.
- 4 part multi-timbral.
- Velocity Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can be controlled to respond to keyboard velocity.
- Wheel Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can also be controlled by the Modulation Wheel/ Control Pedal to continuously fade between two sets of values.
- 4 octave velocity sensitive keyboard with octave shift buttons (+/-2 oct.).
- Keyboard Split, two sections.
- Modulation Wheel, the Pitch Stick (with no dead zone at zero crossing),
- 1 pedal input for sustain and 1 for expression pedal.
- 3 digit display, 26 knobs and 27 buttons for program editing.
- OSC 1 generating sine, triangle, saw- tooth or pulse with adjustable width, waveforms. OSC 2 generating triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with adjustable width) waveforms and can also gen- erate noise with a color control.
- OSC 2 can be hardsynched to OSC 1. Linear deep frequency modulation of OSC 1 from OSC 2. A wide range of new waveforms, with a strong formant character, is achieved with the new synchable noise, where noise can be synched to OSC 1.
- 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) low pass, band pass or high pass and notch with 12dB low pass.
- Cut off, resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity.
- ADSR envelope.
- Filter keyboard tracking, full, 1/3, 2/3 or off.
- Filter distortion.
- ADSR envelope,
- Gain control.
- LFO 1 generating triangle, saw, pulse, LF filtered noise and random staircase routed to OSC1+2, OSC 2, filter, pulse- width and FM amount.
- LFO 2 produces a triangle waveform, routed to OSC 1 and 2 or amplifier. It also controls the rate for the arpeggiator. Arpeggiator: Range: 1-4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Hold function
- Echo can be set between 1 to 8 repeats.
- Modulation envelope (attack, decay) for OSC 2 pitch,
- FM amount
- Pulse width.
- Play mode: Poly, legato, mono, unison mono, unison poly.
- Manual mode: Four program slots for layering possibilities.
- Portamento/auto portamento.
- 10 “analog” drum kits. Each percussion kit consists of 8 independent sounds, configurated in 8 zones across the keyboard.
- Programs (single sounds): 396 (4x99) user, 594 (6x99) factory.
- Performances (multi sounds): 100 user, 300 (3x100) factory.
- Percussion kits (multi zone sounds): 40 (4x10) user.
- 4 outputs. Each slot has its own output.
- Modes: stereo, mono and multi- timbral mode.
- Headphones out.
- High resolution low noise 18 bit DACs.
- All control knobs and switches for program editing send and receive control change messages.
- System exclusive bulk dumps. One program or all programs.
- MIDI clock synchronizing LFO 1 and LFO 2/arpeggiator restart.
- Triggering of the filter and amplifier envelopes and velocity control from separate programmable MIDI channel and note numbers.
Dimensions in mm
865(W) 265(D) 105(H). Weight 5.3 kg (11.7 lbs).
Specifications are subjected to change without notice.