Nord Lead 2X - Specification
- 20 voices. 4 part multitimbral.
- Velocity Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can be controlled to respond to keyboard velocity. Wheel Morphing: each function, controlled by a knob, can also be controlled by the Modulation Wheel/Control Pedal to continuously fade between two sets of values.
- 4 octave velocity sensitive keyboard (keyboard version only) with octave shift buttons (+/-2 oct.)
- Keyboard Split, two sections (Note: keyboard version only)
- Modulation Wheel (keyboard version only)
- Pitch Stick (with no dead zone at zero crossing, keyboard version only)
- 1 pedal input for sustain
- 1 for expression pedal.
- 3 digit display, 26 knobs and 27 buttons for program editing.
- OSC 1 generating sine, triangle, sawtooth or pulse with adjustable width, waveforms. OSC 2 generating triangle, sawtooth or pulse (with adjustable width) waveforms and can also generate noise with a color control. OSC 2 can be hard-synched to OSC 1.
- Linear deep frequency modulation of osc 1 from osc 2. A wide range of new waveforms with a strong formant character is achieved with the new synchable noise, where noise can be synched to OSC 1.
- 12 dB (2-pole) low pass, 24 dB (4-pole) low pass, band pass or high pass and notch with 12dB low pass. Cut off, resonance, envelope amount, envelope amount controlled by velocity. ADSR envelope. Filter keyboard tracking can be set to full, half or off. Filter distortion.
- ADSR envelope, gain control.
- LFO 1 generating triangle, saw, pulse, LF filtered noise and random staircase routed to OSC1+2, OSC 2, filter, pulse-width and FM amount.
- LFO 2 produces a triangle waveform, routed to OSC 1 and 2 or amplifier. It also controls the rate for the arpeggiator. Arpeggiator: Range: 1 - 4 octave. Modes: up, down, up/down, random. Hold function. Echo can be set between 1 to 8 repeats. Modulation envelope (attack, decay) for OSC 2 pitch, FM amount and pulse width.
- Play mode: Poly, legato, mono, unison mono, unison poly. Manual mode. Four program slots for layering possibilities. Portamento/auto portamento.
- 10 “analog” drum kits. Each percussion kit consists of 8 independent sounds, configurated in 8 zones across the keyboard.
- Programs (single sounds): 297 (3 x 99) user, 693 (7 x 99) factory.
- Performances (multi sounds): 100 user, 300 (3 x 100) factory.
- Percussion kits (multi zone sounds): 30 (3 x 10) user, 70 (7 x 10) factory.
- 4 outputs. Each slot has its own output. Modes: stereo, mono and multi-timbral mode. Headphones out. High resolution low noise 24 bit DACs.
- All control knobs and switches for program editing send and receive control change messages. System exclusive bulk dumps. One program or all programs. MIDI clock synchronizing LFO 1 and LFO 2/arpeggiator restart. Triggering of the filter and amplifier envelopes and velocity control from separate programmable MIDI channel and note numbers.
- 4 Line Level Audio Outputs - ¼", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- Stereo Headphone Output - ¼", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- Sustain Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- Control Pedal - ¼", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack. Use a Roland EV-5 Control/Expression pedal
- MIDI in & out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- User Manual
- Power Cord with IEC320 C7 connector
- Nord CD-ROM
- Rack Ears (Nord Rack 2X only)
- 865(W) 265(D) 105(H) mm (34 x 10.4 x 4.1"). Weight 5.3 kg (11.7 lbs).
- Nord Rack 2X: 440(W) 160(D) 110(H) mm (17.3 x 6.3 x 4.3"). Weight 2.8 kg (6 lbs)
Specifications subject to change without notice. *Steinway, Wurlitzer, Hohner, Clavinet, Farfisa and Vox are trademarks of their respective owners and are not affiliated or associated with Clavia. These trademarks are mentioned here as a reference to a sound only. Leslie is mentioned to describe a connector standard.