Nord Electro 6 - Update History
- Added MIDI Out Velocity Curve page to System menu, with Heavy, Medium and Light options (Heavy is default).
- Added MIDI Out Velocity Legacy page to System menu, set to Off by default. To use the MIDI velocity scaling of previous OS version, set this to On. When set to On, the curve selections on preceding page are not applicable.
- Fixed potential bug where user samples with silent zones could theoretically cause stability issues.
- Under certain circumstances long release times for samples would not be dampened on program changes. Fixed.
- Improvements to seamless transition mechanism.
- Improvements to Sample Synth dynamics.
- Fixed bug where MIDI Program Change Off and Send settings did not filter out incoming MIDI Program Change messages.
- Fixed bug where incoming Program Change message could load wrong Piano sound for new program, under certain circumstances.
- Added support for Nord Sample Editor 3
- "Mono" panel setting is now a global parameter, rather than being stored per-program. The parameter is reset on reboot.
- Octave Shift options increased to provide access to entire range when controlling 61 key model from 88 key controller.
- Local CtrlPed now has effect on Organ manual controlled by external keyboard, in Dual Organ + Ext KB To Lo mode.
- Velocity curves for outgoing/incoming MIDI were adjusted. Outgoing MIDI now produces higher velocity values.
- Program Change messages are no longer sent when browsing Programs in "Store To" dialog.
- A Program Change message was inadvertently sent when exiting a Store operation. Fixed.
- Update to production test routine
- Tremolo effect preserves attack for mallet instruments (Vibraphone, Marimba)
- The physical position of Control Pedal assigned to Piano was not properly taken into account when loading a program. Fixed
- Delay tails and Sample Synth sounds using long release times would not fade out as quickly as expected when changing programs. Fixed
- Third drawbar could unexpectedly be active in B3 Bass mode. Fixed
- MIDI: Sometimes first press on a button would not send CC. Fixed
- Transition time between pedal down and pedal up sound was shortened for higher registers
- On rare occasions unexpected piano voice stealing could occur when operating sustain pedal, with String Res active. Fixed
- Browsing pianos in list view is now faster
- Vib/Chorus setting was not stored in Manual Organ. Fixed
- Copy To Preset function now works as expected on HP model
- Drawbar 9 for Vox organ model is now drawn from 1-8 instead of 0-8 on HP model
- Fixed bug where downloading a sample using Nord Sound Manager could cause Sample Synth to produce noise, until program/sample was reloaded.
- Support for version 6 .npno files
- Piano Equalizer settings
- Two “Dyno” settings for tine EPs are introduced in the Piano Equalizer section, indicated by the two top LEDs or two bottom LEDs being lit, respectively. Note: These settings require version 6 EP sounds.
- Soft, Mid and Bright filters for EPs have been adjusted to specifically suit these sounds.
- Soft setting for acoustic pianos has been changed. This is now not a filter but instead adjusts the response of the piano for a soft sound.
- Definitions of Open/Closed for pedals in menu were reversed. Fixed
- Vox organ sound character would change after extended playing. Fixed
- B3 Percussion was not present on first stroke after activation. Fixed
- Page buttons only worked for one step in Organize/Swap. Fixed
- The internal Control Pedal now affects Swell for both manuals with Organ in Dual Org + Ext KB To Lo mode.
- Sound engines set to Lo, in Ext KB To Lo mode, can now be octave shifted -3/+3 octaves.
- Deleting a sample currently being played could cause noise to occur when subsequently playing Sample Synth. Fixed.
- Quickly moving a program in Organize list could cause inadvertent reordering of programs. Fixed.
- Sample Synth and Piano engine levels could, under some circumstances, be incorrect when a program was loaded. Fixed.
- A Sample Synth voice could hang during Store, when connected with USB. Fixed.
- Some Organ parameters were not reset when reloading program using Prog 1-4 buttons. Fixed.
- Drawbars in display would blink inadvertently during some program changes. Fixed.
- If removing all samples and adding a new one, the sample would not be selectable from a program under certain circumstances. Fixed.
- Subtle static could occur when using Ctrl Ped with Trem or Pan effect. Fixed.
- In some KB Split scenarios, Piano and Organ could not be octave shifted with the expected amount. Fixed.
- CC #108 (Rotary Speed) was not sent when using Rotor pedal. Fixed.
- Synth level was affected by the current KB Zone settings, under certain circumstances. Fixed.
- The sound engine assigned to Lo was set to Up when activating Ext KB To Lo. Fixed.
- Internal Sustain would affect Sustain received on Ext KB To Lo MIDI channel. Fixed.
- Pressing Tempo button and turning Delay Dry/Wet now adjusts Delay tempo.
- Delay Feedback amounts were adjusted.
- Reverb effect was adjusted. Note: Previously stored Dry/Wet parameter is converted to a different value.
- Static could occur when adjusting Delay Tempo. Fixed.
- Pitch Bend affected Organ on Global MIDI channel. Fixed.
- Sympathetic String Resonance did not work as expected under certain conditions. Fixed.
- Swapping programs in Organize mode did not work as expected. Fixed.
- Fixed bug introduced with v1.12 where effects could be become inaudible under certain circumstances.
- Sample Synth polyphony increased.
- Sample Synth latency reduced.
- Several issues related to Manual Organ mode were fixed.
- Distortion could occur in Delay effect with strong signals. Fixed.
- Seamless transitions were not handled correctly when External KB to Lo mode was used. Fixed.
- Clicks could occur when changing Effect 1 settings. Fixed.
- Some Panel LEDs would blink unnecessarily when changing programs. Fixed.
- MIDI Pitch Bend is now listened to on External KB MIDI channel.
- Mono LED now stays lit even if Piano section is turned off, since it affects all sound engines.
- Tremolo Rate disposition and Tremolo amounts were adjusted. Stored values are converted automatically.
- Long Sample Synth release times were not shortened on seamless transitions. Fixed.
- A number of parameter hints were changed to show more useful units.
- Incoming MIDI Expression (CC#11) was not taken into account. Fixed.
- MIDI Volume (CC#7) now regulates the overall program volume level.
- Drawbars 1 1/3’ and 1’ did not listen to incoming MIDI. Fixed.
- Delay Rate now listens to CC#94.
- Changing Piano EQ settings could cause clicks. Fixed.
- Parameter hint timer would not reset when touching a different parameter. Fixed.
- First public OS release