Nord Piano update history
- Fixed an elusive piano pedaling performance issue. Quick sustain pedal transitions right after note on could sometimes cause unwanted sonic results. Many thanks to Sean and Tony that made us fully aware of this issue.
- Fixed a very rare crash-bug in MIDI-component when receiving lots of USB-MIDI messages.
- Fixed a crash-bug in USB-component when transmitting lots of small data packets (for example lots of USB-MIDI CC).
- Pedal actions could on certain occasions lead to unwanted level changes when string resonance was active. This has been optimized to ensure a smoother and more natural sound.
Fixed a bug that was introduced in 1.40 that prevented the unit to start properly if there were no pianos at all in the flash memory.
- Improved voice allocation by adjusting String Resonance Crescendo level and releasing "shadow" voices in pedal up and down situations.
- Added support for Long Release, controlled globally with a Sound Menu setting.
- Corrected display hints that for example in a MIDI Local Off situation would display the wrong piano type used.
- Transpose On/Off functionality added.
- Fixed an issue with the crossfade functionality during sustain pedal operations, where an abrupt change in the perceived level could occur.
- Sustain pedal now sends Control Change 64, Value 0 when sustain pedal is completely lifted.
- Fixed a sustain pedal bug where the non-damped notes at the top of the keyboard didn't react properly to the pedal action.
- Added SysEx dump via USB MIDI functionality.
- A rare USB MIDI issue that during a Local Off situation and lots of MIDI traffic could cause the Piano go a bit mental, have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect Piano model was shown in the LCD when MIDI Local was Off.
- Added Checksum calculation during startup with progress bar to verify that the memory content is correct.
- When deleting the active program in Manager, the settings are left unchanged, not loading a default program.
- Changed name in Pedal menu from "NordPiano" to "TriplePedal".
- Fixed an issue that could cause double triggering on notes played on the Nord Piano. This bug could also cause missing note-off messages when controlling external units, which then could exhibit "hanging" notes.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a freeze, if the Piano were (or had been) used in a USB MIDI situation, and a connected OS X computer went in sleep mode.
- Adjusted the velocity response of the black keys, in order to match their response with the white keys.
- Enabled the half-pedaling and sustain pedal noise feature to be active via MIDI as transmitted messages, and also for these features to be controlled via incoming MIDI.
- Fixed an issue where the Clavinet version was not displayed on the second row of the LCD.
- Added protection functionality if notes were double triggered in for example a scenario with Local On/a MIDI Loop, which could lead to maximum velocities.
- Fixed an issue that displayed an incorrect version number of the pianos, in the LCD.
- Implemented half pedaling handling for sounds that lack String Resonance samples (e.g. EPianos 1 to 6 and Electric Grand's).
- The ''lifted damper'' pedal noise sound is now released lower on the pedal, making it easier to retrigger.
- Fixed an issue where a String Resonance activated note could hang in certain circumstances.
- Adjusted the levels of how the String Resonance feature would interact with repeating, identical notes.
- Keybed model is now identified and a part of eeprom data.
- Changed parameter values to Hz for relevant effects.
- Enabled effect type LED hint when showing amount hint.
- Disabled button repeat for all buttons except Bank Up/Down.
- Parameter hinting by pressing and holding Shift at the same time as turning a knob.
- First OS release.