Nord Drum 2 Update History
- Master Level and Pan zipper-noise bug was fixed.
- A lot of improvements on the C1/C2 sound quality.
- Added Ring Modulator Effect ("Distort" section).
- Shortened the shortest possible envelope decay times.
- Added detuning capabilities to triangle wave ("A2”), sawtooth wave ("A3”) and square wave ("A4")
- Added high-pass filtered detunable square wave ("A5")
- Added square wave with adjustable pulse width ("A6")
- Added Dual T-Filter waveform ("t1"). Inspired by classic analog drum machines.
- Added Ring Modulator Waveforms ("r1" and "r2).
- Improved Signal to Noise Ratio on Drive (eliminating low-level, high-frequency "beeps" previously present at certain noise filter settings).
- Fixed bug where tone part of the sound was wrapped up in pitch when playing really low midinotes.
- Smoother loading of programs (avoiding pops and clicks)
- Disclaimer: We've put a lot of effort into making programs to sound as much as possible as they did in v2.24, however some sounds will sound slightly different!
- Bugfix: Store-bug. Storing programs extremely fast could fail (storing incorrect edit buffer).
- MIDI: Fixed SysEx-In bug. Could miss incoming messages.
- Bugfix: Echo BPM was reset to 120 when using "Sound Init".
- Bugfix: When using the dial to reload the same program the edit buffer was not updated correctly when turning the dial really fast.
General additions and changes:
- Doubled memory capacity. Nord Drum 2 now has 8 banks with 50 program locations each (400 program locations in total). Switch between banks quickly with SHIFT+dial.
- Support for the new Nord Drum 2 Manager software (Mac/Win) that lets you easily transfer and back up to and from your Nord Drum 2.
- Display mode changed to show the currently editable parameter, for improved legibility
- Sound Init function added: press COPY + PASTE to set all parameters on selected channel to default values.
- Increased parameter resolution for many parameters.
- Edit Group: Paste will now apply the copy buffer contents to all channels in the group
- Tap Tempo function added for Repeat/Echo: The Repeat/Echo Tempo can now be tapped by Hold SHIFT + Lower Param-button and using the Trig-button to tap the tempo.
- Trig button: adjusted range – now 1-20.
- Unused Program locations are now marked with a dot (•) when using Store.
- Dynamic Decay: Velocity reference for "Decay Low" is now 25% of max velocity.
- Full MIDI CC-control of all parameters. See the updated manual for complete MIDI CC number and function listing.
Mode 1: Use Global MIDI channel (default 10) to play any drum channels via their assigned note numbers (fixed pitch per channel). All parameters available for CC control (follows channel focus).
Mode 2: Use the individual channels (1-6) to play any drum channels in a pitched manner via a MIDI keyboard or sequencer. CC control of all parameters available for each individual drum channel via its MIDI Channel respectively.
- Solo Edit: When Nord Drum 2 is receiving MIDI input, Solo Edit will now mute all other channels.
Noise section changes:
- Optimized Noise engine performance
- 4 new Filter types added: High Pass 12dB/24dB, Low Pass 12dB and Band Pass 6dB. Old High Pass filter renamed to High Pass High Cut (HPhc).
- Attack parameter has a improved Clap mode: 9 new clap types replaces the old CL type, with gradually longer decay on last ”clap”.
- Attack parameter change: Repeat (previously called "rp" in display) is now called LFO.
- Decay parameter change: Decay Envelope type has moved to the upper Decay parameter and is quickly changed using SHIFT+dial (Lin/Exp/Gate) (renamed Decay on future panels).
- Decay parameter change: Lower Parameter (TYPE/DYN) now only controls low velocity decay times (range: OFF, 0-50) (renamed Dec Lo on future panels).
Tone section changes:
- 6 FM Synthesis wave types added, where Timbre controls modulation amount and Spectra controls modulation frequency. See manual for exceptions.
- New cymbal wave type added: C3.
- CY1 &2 waveforms have improved LPF/Timbre envelope.
- Improved LPF/Timbre envelope for Analog Saw, Square and Triangle.
- Punch parameter change: PitchUp and PitchDown-modes are now velocity sensitive.
- Bend Down range has been increased.
- New Click types added and a new category ”PH ” added with high pass filtered pulse clicks.
- Distortion improvements. Drive (dr) have adjusted levels and improved range.
Trig Types additions:
- 6 Dynamic curves added for Trig/Pad-input.
- 3 new trig types for Acoustic Trig: Ac1-3.
- Attack Rate/LFO and clap could pop/click – fixed.
- H1 Wavetype could exihibit noise artefact - fixed.
- Fixed bug where low sensitivity would generate note-offs.
- Midi note-length is now longer (approx 20 ms)
- Improved MIDI behaviour with MIDI is looped.
- In Edit Group, Scale Presets will now remain intact when pitching the group to max or minimum values.
- Repeat/Echo was included when copying a drum channel to another program - fixed.
- Improved behaviour when connecting the Nord Pad when Nord Drum 2 is already turned on.
- Bend: Improved Bend-time scaling.
- Punch: PitchUp time adjusted.
- Wave type CY1 & CY2: improved LPF/Timbre envelope.
- Wave type H, P and D now has more organic repetitive behaviour.
- First OS release.