Nord Electro 5 Update History
- Added support for version 6 .npno files
- Audible clipping could occur in Rotary effect, under certain circumstances. Fixed.
- Spare part compatibility update
- Fixed bug where instrument could get stuck in Set List mode if performing an OS update in Set List mode
- Fixed bug where Long/Soft Release would not work as expected with Synth Pianos
- Swell and volume weren't handled separately for upper and lower parts over MIDI. Fixed.
- In MIDI Upper split mode, swell and volume reacts via MIDI regardless of the "CTRLPED on/off" setting. This enables the use of an external expression pedal that can control upper part while lower part is controlled by internal pedal.
- MIDI CC#11 (ControlPedal) now controls Organ swell, Effect1 Ctrl and piano/sampler volume. CC#4 also works for organ swell, and CC#7 for volume.
- Fixed bug where dirty '*' was not preserved correctly when switching between program buffers in set list mode.
- Changing from a program with organ drawbar live enabled, to a program with organ live disabled would sound like the second program had live enabled, if in Set List mode. Fixed.
- Debounce algorithm added for switch type pedals.
- Param hint for Pan/Trem is now a simple 0.0 -> 10.0 instead of in Hz.
- Dirty flag did not always show after program parameter edit. Fixed.
- Memory Protect now also disables Organize.
- Entering the KB Split or Transpose displays, from a menu page would still indicate the previous menu page by blinking LED. Fixed.
- Added Set List partition functionality with Nord Sound Manager (v6.80 or later required)
- For Piano Upper, a sustain handling bug could cause stalls/latency. Fixed. Thanks to Michael R for reporting and testing!
- Some configurations of dual organ and EQ would produce sonic results that were out of sync with what was displayed by the panel. Fixed.
- The Sustain Pedal=Auto check would not immediately sense and set the correct value. Fixed.
- Switching between Open/Closed values for sustain pedal would require pedal interaction to initialize correct behaviour. Fixed.
- At startup, when rotary control type was set to "Closed", the pedal would be interpreted as "Open". Fixed.
- With certain samples, exhausting polyphony in certain registers could cause audible defects. Fixed. Thanks to Michael R for reporting!
- In B3 mode, notes held on the keyboard while KB Split was engaged would sound layered until released. Fixed.
- Fixed bug where performing a "Clean Deleted Space" command on Sample partition from Nord Sound Manager caused the Sample Synth to produce noise when playing.
- Clavinet Mic settings (A-D) could affect synth or organ sounds in certain situations. Fixed.
- Fixed bug introduced with v1.20 where cleaning deleted files from Nord Sound Manager could cause NE5 to hang. Having Organ+Synth enabled would affect .NPNO operations and having Organ+Piano enabled would affect .NSMP operations.
- When re-organizing programs, set lists would sometimes reference the wrong programs.
- Changing the Leslie type while using another amp or tube (HiFi) distortion would cause unexpected behaviours.
- Fixed bug where LED drawbars used the wrong start value, when making adjustments, first time after loading a Program.
- Fixed bug where pedal control for Effect 1 wasn't properly initialized when changing programs.
- When B3 organ is used in a MIDI split either of the two manuals can have percussion activated. Only one at a time though.
- Part Upper now supports MIDI Pitch Bend from external keyboard, when in MIDI Split mode.
- New System menu: "Sustain Pedal Mode: [Sustain/Sustain+Rotor Hold/Sustain+Rotor Toggle]".
- New MIDI menu: "Transpose MIDI At: [MIDI In/MIDI Out]". Determines whether transposition is applied at MIDI In or Out.
- In MIDI split receive mode, the Sustped LED now indicates whether internal sustain pedal is active on the externally controlled part.
- Changed the appearance of the store screen.
- The OS version string seen at start up wasn't properly centered.
- Fixed bug where the percent view on menu screen "Control Pedal Type" was not shown correctly.
- B3+Bass mode expanded with 12 Tone-wheels for extended Bass range
- Improved Menu layout for better overview
- Inactive sound sources are no longer displayed but are shown briefly when stepping through the available sound sources.
- When entering Set List mode, the song is now always reloaded
- Improved Sample info screen
- Complete file status is now reported back to Sound Manager for nsmp files (version not supported)
- Fixed bug where broken pianos/samples were not displayed at startup
- Fixed bug which could cause sampler clicks when using "Filter Vel"
- Fixed bug where button where the transpose menu could "stick" depending on in which way the buttons was released
- Fixed bug where smooth mutes were sometimes missing when changing song item focus, or when changing between program and live mode
- Fixed bug causing Mono-Piano's to click
First OS release